Raw, Organic, Vegan
Free from: Nuts, Gluten, Soy
This may be the world’s greatest snack. It’s so healthy, giving a boost of sustainable all natural energy. It’s also really quick and easy because there’s just 5 ingredients and absolutely no processing or baking is required. It’s also fun to make because you get to use your hands! To top it off, if you have extra oat and seed mix after all the dates have been used, it makes an excellent over-night bircher muesli. Yeah.
Disclaimer: I really have to give a shout-out to Deliciously Ella for the inspiration. Although I didn’t use her recipe, I was inspired by her Coconut and Oat Energy Balls. She has tons of flavours, but I noticed that this one didn’t contain any nuts. Instead, she used pumpkin and sunflower seeds for protein and healthy fats! Seeds are rarely an allergen, so this is a great recipe to bring to a party or potluck that most everyone can safely eat.
5 Simple Ingredients:
1.5 cups pitted dates
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
You want to have approximately equal parts oat and seed mixture to dates.
- Chop your dates with a large knife into small pieces- quarters or fifths work.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients (oats, coconut, seeds).
- Place dates in a bowl and add about half of your oat mix.
- With a large spoon or your hands, mix the oats in with the dates. This can be a bit of a workout if I’m honest. Once the first half is done, slowly mix in the rest until it’s one big sticky concoction! If you cannot get all of the oats in, no worries! As I mentioned above, it makes a great bircher muesli.
- With your hands, form small balls about an inch or 2 in diameter. You should have about 12. Snacks for a week!